Monday 10 March 2014

Small Project: My Coat Closet

Our coat closet in our apartment is very multifunctional because it is the only closet besides the one in the bedroom that has vertical space from the floor so it is the only place I can store the vacuum and steam mop.

While I did take measures to organize the space before, it wasn't really working for what we needed.



The shoe rack was very tall so it protruded into where the jackets hung which made it really hard to get jackets in and out because they were all bunched up. It was also kind of annoying to have to take shoes off because I had to move jackets out of the way. 

Here is the space with the new solution:





The biggest change that made so much of a difference, was this closet organizer I got from Ikea. I took the shoe rack out completely. The jackets can now hang freely while I am still able to store the shoes. That organizer is surprisingly strong too. 

Here are the key aspects of this closet organization:
  • The cat's carriers are on the top shelf and easily accessible in case of an emergency.
  • The organizer holds all of our everyday shoes and boots that don't fit in the over-door organizer that I have in my bedroom 
  • We have this bag holder from Ikea which makes plastic bags easy to grab for litter cleaning. 
  • The ironing board hangs on some hooks on one side and the broom hangs in one of these on the other door.
  • The floor is left clear for more heavy duty boots (rain boots, snow boots and Brandyn's work boots) and the vacuum and steam mop 
So that is my newly organized coat project. Click here to go to my Facebook page where you can like it and be notified every time I post here and also little tid bits I post throughout the week :)



No comments:

Post a Comment