Tuesday 25 March 2014

Organizing the Linen Closet


Organizing a linen closet is probably one of the easiest things you will organize in your home - as long as you have shelves in it. If you don't have shelves in your linen closet, you should go pick some up. You can find them pretty much anywhere that has a home section. I was fortunate enough to have these shelves already in there which made things easier.

Here is how everything is laid out:


1. Bed Linens
2. Toilet Paper
3. Towels - bigger towels on the right, hand towels and face cloths on the left.
4. Reusable Bags
5. Laundry
6. Cats

The bins boxes I used to put everything in are recycled. They once held my Sophie Conran dinnerware sets that we got for my shower. They were the perfect size to be placed in the closet. When you receive boxes like these, see if you can use them anywhere around the house. Saves you from having to buy some.

In the laundry bin, I have the detergent, mesh bags, stain spray and dryer sheets. I live in an apartment where I have to go to a laundry room to do the laundry but if you have laundry in your place, I would be putting this in that area. This is convenient for me though because on my way out the door, I open the closet and grab what I need. I usually only bring one thing at a time because I don't stay in the laundry room but if I were to have to bring everything with me, I would switch the box out for some kind of carrying caddy.

All my reusable bags are folded up in one large one but I still have it in a box to keep it in place.

Finally, the cats stuff in this closet just consists of their litter and food. I have other things like toys and clippers in a bin in another closet.

So there is one of my linen closets. I have two in this apartment which is really helpful for storage. Hope you enjoyed and got some ideas to organize your own :)



No comments:

Post a Comment